Mold Remediation in Art Room in Lincoln City, Oregon

Mold, also known as microbial growth can be a major issue not only to your home but also to your health. Microbial growth can grow in dark and damp places on the inside or outside of your home. Since mold is a fungus it create spores to reproduce. Inhaling high concentrations of these spores can be harmful to someone, this is why mold remediation is important. Basically where there is moisture, mold could grow in such places like the attics, crawlspaces, bathrooms, cupboards, and closets. Mold can be found on ceilings, floors, walls, and carpet. If a homeowner lets a leak in their home go on without getting it fixed for a period of time this could lead to mold, which could cause structural damage to the house. It’s crucial to fix any leaks or any sources of moisture that could cause mold to grow.  Mold can grow in less then 48 hours of excessive moisture. Hiring a professional like Disaster Master to remediate the microbial growth is the best way to mitigate structural damage and protect you and your family. 

Recently, in Lincoln City, Oregon we responded to a mold job right away for a senior citizen’s art room that was affected by water damage. There was a huge leak from a water heater in one of the bedrooms that flooded the entire room. Even though the water heater was turned off there was a constant drip that created a room full of mold on the walls and floors. We pulled 3 samples from the affected walls for asbestos testing because the home was built prior to 2004. Once all the samples for asbestos testing came back negative we were able to start the remediation process. The crew was suited up in full hazmat gear for all technicians. We set two HEPA air scrubbers during the remediation to catch any mold spores in the air. Next, we HEPA Vacuumed all visible microbial growth off of all surfaces. Then we removed all carpet, pad, tack strip, sheet rock, subfloor and insulation that was affected by the mold. After all the contents were removed and the walls and floors were opened up we were able to HEPA Vacuum the inner wall cavities and RMR treatment (includes spray, scrub and wipe) of all visible microbial growth. We set one XL dehumidifier and four air movers to help dry the room out before we re installed new sub flooring. The homeowner was very satisfied with the work that we did and was glad he could have his art room back without any issues or worries about microbial growth.

If you notice mold in your house, you should contact Disaster Master as soon as possible at 541-992-2080 to set up a time and date for an inspection. We can help you take care of any microbial growth issues in your house or commercial property. 

Leave a Comment