Electrical Microwave Fire Causes Smoke and Fire Damage to House in McMinnville, Oregon

A house fire is one of the worst things that can happen to a home. The fire can destroy structural materials and the contents of home quick. After a fire there are other hazards to consider like water damage from the extinguishing the fire or from a compromised roof. Also the unhealthy levels of smoke that remain the I house after the fire could also be hazardous to breathe. Smoke Odor is one of the most common impacts of a fire. Smoke odor can be tricky to get rid of if not remediated correctly. This is why it is important to call a professional fire damage restoration company like Disaster Master to help clean up and restore the house to it’s pre fire condition. 

Recently in McMinnville Oregon there was a house that caught on fire because of the electrical microwave that had a power supply short and burn the components inside the house. Disaster Master was hired to do the structural clean of the house as well as the content cleaning. Disaster Master tapped off the roof where the fire had left a huge hole in the roof. Asbestos samples were pulled from the affected areas prior to removal because the house was older then 2004 and this is required by law in Oregon. After the asbestos test results came back negative the Disaster Master team removed all insulation, kitchen cabinets, kitchen drywall and kitchen flooring. All contents were packed up, transported and stored at Disaster Master’s office so they could clean each item to remove the smoke odor. All items that were not salvageable were disposed of. All the floors in the house were also removed and disposed of too. The team washed all surfaces in the house and repeated the process a few times to help remove the soot and smoke odor. All of the content cleaning was similar to structural cleaning where each salvaged item was cleaned multiple times to help remove all soot and smoke odors. The homeowner was very pleased with the work that Disaster Master did because they helped salvage her belongings and make the house safe for her to be in after all the structural and content cleaning was done. 

If you have any fire or smoke damage in your home or commercial space in any of the following cities: Lincoln City, Neotsu, Neskowin, Pacific City, Gleneden Beach, Depoe Bay, Siletz, Toledo, Newport, Seal Rock, Waldport, and Yachats please call Disaster Master today at 541-992-2080. 

Leave a Comment