Have you ever gone up into your attic and noticed the smell of mildew? That musty smell can indicate there is mold. Water dripping from your smoke detectors, bathroom fans or light fixtures could result in visible microbial growth in the ceiling or attic. The main cause of mold in attic spaces is from moisture issues such as poor ventilation, broken bathroom fans/dryer fans and roof leaks. It’s crucial to fix any moisture issues in your home to prevent mold from growing. If you discover visible microbial growth in your attic, crawlspace or the interior or your home it’s recommended to call a professional mold remediation company like Disaster Master to do the job.
Recently, in Lincoln City, Oregon a first time home buyer discovered there was visible microbial growth throughout their new home’s attic. They decided to hire Disaster Master to remediate the mold in their attic space. Disaster Master got straight to work by installing floor protection from the front door to the attic access. One HEPA air scrubber was installed during the remediation process to help clean the air. The visible microbial growth was on the attic sheathing. So the first step for Disaster Master was to go in and HEPA vacuum all visible microbial growth off of the sheathing. Next, RMR treatment was used by spraying, scrubbing and wiping away the mold. This first time home buyer was relieved and satisfied with the mold remediation work that Disaster Master did because it gave her peace of mind.
If you have any issues with mold in your home or commercial space please call Disaster Master today at 541-992-2080. Disaster Master proudly services the following cities: Lincoln City, Neotsu, Neskowin, Otis, Pacific City, Gleneden Beach, Depoe Bay, Toledo, Siletz, Newport, Waldport and Yachats.