Fire and Smoke Damage in Newport, OR

Have you ever walked away from the stove in the kitchen while it’s on and forgot to turn it off? This is a dangerous issue that can cause fire and smoke damage in a residential or commercial properties. For example, there was a motel in Newport, Oregon that had a guest turn on their stove in the unit to make food and they forgot to turn it off before they left to go to the grocery store. They did not realize that the stove was still on burning up their pan while they were at the store. This caused fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage in the entire unit. So it goes without saying that cooking fires are a very serious matter that should be avoided whenever possible. In the event a fire does occur in your home or commercial property it’s crucial to call a fire restoration company like Disaster Master to mitigate fire and smoke damage. 

Disaster Master got a call from the motel in Newport, Oregon that needed fire and smoke restoration in one of the units from a stove fire. Luckily, the fire was only in the kitchen area. The other rooms of the apartment were only affected by the soot and smoke odor. The property manager of the motel hired Disaster Master to do the structural and content clean on the living room, bathroom and bedrooms in the unit. This included HEPA vacuuming all vertical and horizontal surfaces. Specialty equipment per industry standards is used on smoke and odor jobs. Next, all surfaces were sprayed, scrubbed and wiped down to help remove the soot and smoke odor. This process was repeated two times because the smoke odor requires multiple cleaning steps to ensure the removal of the smoke damage. All contents in the living areas were cleaned by spraying, scrubbing and wiping down the affected items. This process was also repeated two times to ensure the contents of the home were throughly cleaned up from the soot and had no residual smoke odor. Lastly, the furniture was upholstery cleaned and the carpets were pre treated, steam cleaned and extracted to clean up the soot and smoke odor. The property manager of the motel was very happy to have the unit completely cleaned from the fire and smoke damage. 

If you have fire or smoke damage in your home or commercial property that needs to be remediated please call Disaster Master today 541-992-2080. Disaster Master services the following areas: Lincoln City, Neotsu, Neskowin, Gleneden Beach, Depoe Bay, Toledo, and Newport and Waldport.

After: The structure and the contents of the unit were all cleaned up from the smoke and fire damage

Leave a Comment